- We’re having our first snow of the season here in Raleigh! Well, I guess it’s not even Winter yet – how crazy is that? Around here, we don’t usually get any snow until at least mid-late January since it usually doesn’t get cold enough until then. But this pre-Christmas snowstorm brought us 5-7 inches (we never officially measured) but some areas near us got up to 10-11! As a teacher, it’s always a mixture of feelings when it snows. It’s always nice to have a break but having to make up the time can be frustrating.
- I signed up for Emily P. Freeman’s Quiet Collection for Christmas today and I am so excited to start listening! Emily has the most soothing voice and I love listening to her podcast so I knew that this collection of audio devotionals would be just wonderful. There are 14 of them so starting today, I’ll be able to listen to them up through Christmas!
- Also, on that note…how is Christmas Eve already two weeks from today?! I always find myself wishing this season could last twice as long – it’s just so cozy and merry and wonderful!
- In the past week or so, I feel myself gradually coming out of this “funk” (don’t know exactly what to call it) that I’ve been in for a couple months now. I know a large part of why I’ve been feeling what I have has been due to my relationship with God. While He never leaves us unattended, this has definitely been a season where I’ve retreated inward a bit and definitely didn’t seek Him out and communicate with Him like I should. Like I shared in my post earlier this week, the theme that I feel like has been continually highlighted for me has been Remember God. It’s no coincidence that I read Annie F. Downs’ book by the same name back a couple months when I first slipped into this season and then these words came up again two weeks ago in a super convicting sermon at church.
- This past week, with my first published blog post since September, I feel myself being pulled ever so slightly back to the blogging world a bit. Writing and blogging have been so central in my story for more than eight years now and it’s a platform that I truly don’t know that I could ever fully abandon. My audience has ebbed and flowed over the years but I can’t help but feel sometimes like it doesn’t really matter how many people actually look at this space (currently, that would be very few at all) just as long as I’m sharing something. With the New Year just a few weeks away, I always take this time each year to think on the year ahead and intentionally write out my goals with the aid of Lara Casey’s Powersheets (which are wonderful!). I am praying and reflecting on how God would like me to use my voice in this space and what He wants it to look like.
That’s what’s up around here lately! Here’s to finishing out 2018 strong!