If you ask anyone who knows me, they’ll tell you that I am absolutely obsessed with all things buffalo. If a dish has buffalo sauce incorporated, odds are that I will try it and love it. And given that it’s Winter and temperatures around here are finally getting back down again (we had a brief warm-up recently), I’ve been craving some cozy soups lately.
I’m the first to admit to anyone that while I love cooking/baking and being in the kitchen – I am not a recipe developer. Creating recipes is not necessarily a strength, but I do know how to follow them. But with that being said – I actually did create this one! I borrowed some favorite components of other delicious soup recipes and threw this one together.
Buffalo Chicken Chowder
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (I use rotisserie chicken!)
- 2-3 medium sized russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 can mild diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 64 oz chicken broth
- 1/3 cup hot Sauce (Frank’s Red Hot Original is my favorite!)
- 1 T ghee
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Melt the ghee in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until onions are translucent. Add minced garlic and saute for about a minute. Add all remaining ingredients except the chicken. Bring to boil and cook until potatoes are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Once potatoes are tender, add in the cooked chicken breast and stir to combine. Serve hot!