Hello! I’m so glad you are here!
Messy Milestones is a lifestyle blog that I created back in 2013 and has served a variety of purposes for me. It’s been an online journal of sorts, a space to process grief and cultivate joy, a lifestyle blog, and on (a rare) occasion I’ve even talked about health and wellness. And truthfully? All of those things are what I love and feel passionate about and I love to write about them here with the inspiration strikes.
So, who am I? I’m Ashley. I am a girl who processes through writing words, who loves Jesus and coffee while also having a passion for living well holistically with a healthy mind, body, and spirit. I desire to live a life that is simple, humble, and rooted in Jesus.
Some random facts about me:
- I am 29 years old and currently live in Durham, North Carolina
- I’m a NC native who was born and raised in a small town just outside of Charlotte.
- I am a special education Pre-K teacher and a proud graduate of Appalachian State University.
- My happy place is in the Blue Ridge Mountains! My family has been blessed to take ownership of a little piece of Heaven in the mountains of NC. The story of that is truly one written by God and I am working on sharing it here soon!
- I’ve been writing here in this space since 2013 but my blogging career began in 2010 as a fansite blogger. I wrote about books and films like the Twilight Saga, Divergent, The Hunger Games, and more.
- I have a passion for cooking and baking for my friends and family. I also have the random passion for baking gluten-free/Paleo treats.
- I’m half-Mexican, although you’d probably never be able to tell by looking at me, and I absolutely love the food and the culture.
- My lifelong travel dreams are to go on a cross-country road trip and eventually visit at least one city in all 50 states.
I’m glad you’re here!