Hello! I’m so glad you are here! Messy Milestones is a lifestyle blog where I share some of my adventures, stories, and lessons learned. It is my hope and prayer that this space serves as a place for encouragement, inspiration, and a precious of reminder of God’s faithfulness and love for us.
So who is the girl behind the blog? I’m Ashley. A teacher and a writer. I am a daughter of Jesus and everyday I learn what it means and looks like to follow Him. My love for iced coffee knows no season and I’m just a little too obsessed with Target. I believe that happiness can be found in the smallest of moments and that a posture of gratitude can make the mundane something extraordinary. You can learn more about my story here.
Here are some random facts about me:
- I’m 26 years old.
- I live just outside of Charlotte, North Carolina in a small town that you’ve probably never heard of so I just tell people I’m from Charlotte. Close enough.
- I am a Pre-K teacher in the public school system and I currently teach a special needs Pre-K class.
- I’m in the process of becoming a certified Child Life Specialist and taking my love for God’s children to the world of pediatric healthcare.
- My blogging career began in 2010 as a fansite blogger. I wrote about books and films like the Twilight Saga, Divergent, The Hunger Games, and more.
- In 2013, I had the incredible opportunity of being invited the set of Divergent in Chicago to interview the film’s main cast as well as the world premiere in Los Angeles. Later, in 2014, I interviewed The Giver author Lois Lowry and the cast of the film adaptation in Beverly Hills.
- I’m half-Mexican, although you’d probably never be able to tell by looking at me.
- My lifelong travel dreams are to go on a cross-country road trip and eventually visit at least one city in all 50 states.
- I come from a large family- my mom is one of ten children. They are loud and Southern and some of the craziest people I know, but they are also the best people I know.
- I was born and raised in North Carolina. I love it, but remove the humidity and I’d love it even more.
If you’re new here, please say hello! I’m glad you’re here.