Hello! I’m so glad you are here! Messy Milestones is a lifestyle blog that I created back in 2013 and has served a variety of purposes for me. I’ll be the first one to admit that the content in this space has been a little all over the place over the years. It’s ebbed and flowed along with me through many seasons of life in that time. It’s been an online journal, a space to process grief and celebrate the blessing that is my faith in Christ Jesus, a lifestyle blog, and on (a rare) occasion I’ve even talked about health and wellness. And truthfully? All of those things are what I love and feel passionate about and I love to write about them here with the inspiration strikes.
So, who am I? I’m Ashley. I am a girl who processes through words, who loves Jesus and coffee while also having a passion for living well holistically with a healthy mind, body, and spirit. I desire to live a life that is simple, humble, and rooted in Jesus and that a posture of gratitude can make the mundane something extraordinary. You can learn more about my story here.
Here are some random facts about me:
- I’m 27 years old.
- I currently live in Raleigh, NC but was born and raised in the Charlotte area.
- I work as a special needs Pre-K teacher and work predominantly with students on the Autism Spectrum.
- I’ve been writing here in this space since 2013 but my blogging career began in 2010 as a fansite blogger. I wrote about books and films like the Twilight Saga, Divergent, The Hunger Games, and more.
- In 2013, I had the incredible opportunity of being invited the set of Divergent in Chicago to interview the film’s main cast as well as the world premiere in Los Angeles. Later, in 2014, I interviewed The Giver author Lois Lowry and the cast of the film adaptation in Beverly Hills.
- After completing my first Whole30 in July 2017 my entire outlook on wellness + nutrition was changed and ever since I have done my best to follow a Paleo lifestyle. It has been on this journey that I have found a passion for truly living well holistically – mind, body, faith – and I hope to share more of this here in this space.
- One of my favorite things to do is cook/bake for my friends and family.
- I’m half-Mexican, although you’d probably never be able to tell by looking at me.
- My lifelong travel dreams are to go on a cross-country road trip and eventually visit at least one city in all 50 states.
- I come from a large family- my mom is one of ten children. They are loud and Southern and some of the craziest people I know, but they are also the best people I know.
- I was born and raised in North Carolina. I love it, but remove the humidity and I’d love it even more.
If you’re new here, please say hello! I’m glad you’re here.