Hello! I’m so glad you are here! Messy Milestones is a lifestyle blog that I created back in 2013 and has served a variety of purposes for me. I’ll be the first one to admit that the content in this space has been a little all over the place over the years. It’s ebbed and flowed along with me through many seasons of life in that time. It’s been an online journal, a space to process grief and celebrate the blessing that is my faith in Christ Jesus, a lifestyle blog, and on (a rare) occasion I’ve even talked about health and wellness. And truthfully? All of those things are what I love and feel passionate about and I love to write about them here with the inspiration strikes.
So, who am I? I’m Ashley. I am a girl who processes through words, who loves Jesus and coffee while also having a passion for living well holistically with a healthy mind, body, and spirit. I desire to live a life that is simple, humble, and rooted in Jesus.
Here are some random facts about me:
- I’m 28 years old.
- I live in the Raleigh-Durham area in beautiful North Carolina, but was born and raised in the Charlotte area.
- I am a special ed preschool teacher by day.
- I’ve been writing here in this space since 2013 but my blogging career began in 2010 as a fansite blogger. I wrote about books and films like the Twilight Saga, Divergent, The Hunger Games, and more.
- After completing my first Whole30 in July 2017 my entire outlook on wellness + nutrition was changed and ever since I have done my best to follow a Paleo lifestyle. It has been on this journey that I have found a passion for truly living well holistically – mind, body, faith – and I hope to share more of this here in this space.
- One of my favorite things to do is cook/bake for my friends and family.
- I’m half-Mexican, although you’d probably never be able to tell by looking at me, and I absolutely love the food and the culture.
- My lifelong travel dreams are to go on a cross-country road trip and eventually visit at least one city in all 50 states.
If you’re new here, please say hello! I’m glad you’re here.